French Artist Stephanie Valentin went from an unknown to Youtube Sensation. At this time of this writing some her videos have had over 2million views. This has happened within a year or so…. How?
I ran accross this video while searching for tutorial on how to use Adobe illustrator. Even though Stephanie teaches adobe Photoshop, she came up on the search. I was immediately captivated.
How this artist offers value:
- She posts FREE videos video tutorials on how she paints with photoshop
- She adds text captions on her tutorials to make it easy for people to learn
- The video links to her website where artists can find further resources
- On her website, Stephanie makes available for FREE download PDF of step by step instructions wtih details such as which brushes she uses, what size, etc. etc.
No one else was doing this when I first ran into the video. There are tutorials on how to work with photos in photoshop but not how to paint.
She took care to do an excellent job.
- The video quality is good
- The sound is good
- Supporting materials are good
- Painting is beautiful
As we all know, it’s illegal to profit from someone else’s face or fame. Each person legally owns their personhood. This is why no one may paint or photog raph a movie star and make money from it. Stephanie has worked around this by not making money from the video. The tutorials are free and the paints are not available for sale.
If Stephanie is not making money with the videos, how does the video support her career as an artist?
Advertising – Stephanie has some google ads on her website. If any visitors click on those ads, she gets paid.
- Private commissions -On her website, Stephanie lets people know she is avalable to paint personal portraits.
- Stephanie is a muscian. Most recently I’ve noticed she’s made a music video and has been offering her music for sale.